AURELIUS is a pan-European private equity firm focused on operational value creation, with offices in Munich, London, Amsterdam, Stockholm and Madrid. We are an investor in complex deals including turnarounds, the acquisition of profitable underperformers, or businesses being carved out of larger corporates. We transact with owner managers, entrepreneurs, private equity investors, banks & funds. Our current portfolio comprises 28 businesses across the following sectors: industrials, business services and consumer goods. We look to improve the performance of our portfolio businesses by providing management capabilities and the necessary financial resources for investment.
Due to the growth of our business, as evidenced by the recent close of AURELIUS European Opportunities IV, we are strengthening the investment team in our Amsterdam office and are looking for an
Investment Associate (m/f/d) - Amsterdam
As a member of AURELIUS’ investment team you will assist your colleagues and actively engage in all stages of the investment process. Your main responsibilities are leading due diligence (commercial & financial), undertaking market assessments as well as evaluating company performance and potential, business models, deal structures and operational improvement concepts. In this role you will have to be able to work independently in the processing of deals, but also show strong collaboration skills with your co-workers and external professionals and advisors.
- Participation in due diligence activities relating to the investment process
- Analysis of financial and management reports (balance sheets, profit & loss, cash flow, etc.)
- Reviewing business models; formulating strategic concepts; conducting corporate evaluations
- Assistance in negotiating and completing transactions
- Participation in planning and realization of financing strategies
- Excellent academic track record
- 1 – 3 yrs. experience in the M&A, Restructuring, Transaction Services, Private Equity or Strategy Consulting sector
- Strong analytical and modelling skills and ability to present written conclusions in a concise and compelling manner
- Analytical problem solver and structured worker, highly developed sense of responsibility and teamwork focused
- Entrepreneurial personality, open communicator, fun person to be around.
- No problem with providing a point of view, but also no issue in being challenged on that view
- Candidates with fluency in Dutch are preferred, alternatively only English fluency can also be considered
Please apply online including all relevant application documents and stating your earliest possible starting date and salary expectation.