tmgroup is a forward-thinking technology business that is using software and data to provide more efficient, more accurate and easy to use services for conveyancers and other property professionals.
We have huge empathy for our clients, which means we’re considering their challenges at every stage.
This ‘client+design’ philosophy enables us to produce high-quality, user-focused products and provide the right advice.
This is why we make the complexities in the property transaction beautifully simple.
Due to exciting organisational developments, TM Group is looking for a new
Director of Sales and Account Management
In this role you will report directly to the Chief Commercial Officer and be responsible for boosting client revenue through ensuring increased collaboration, alignment, best practice and seamless integration across departments.
The Director of Sales and Account Management will lead a dedicated function of 20 employees and assume full P&L-responsibility. This includes managing client P&Ls and sales OPEX along with actively contributing to the formation of business unit strategies.
It is essential the role holder establishes a well-developed network in the sector through building higher level relationships and demonstrates proficiency in sales execution to create a more profitable business model across their function.
- Lead, manage, retain, coach and develop the sales team, ensuring the right competences and capabilities to deliver current and future revenue growth targets. Foster a positive team spirit while ensuring a resilient and robust performance approach with regular review meetings. Identify and promptly course-correct under-performance.
- Collaborate with senior leaders to align sales and overall business objectives, analyse market trends, client needs and competitor activities. Set ambitious sales targets and lead quarterly sales reviews, being responsible for client plans, budgeting (per supplier), month-end closing as well as gap/recovery plans. Assume overall responsibility for the annual price rise and negotiation process.
- Streamline and optimise the sales process, establish structured ways of working and tools to support business development and account manager teams. Promote synergies amongst sales teams and collaborate with marketing in planning. Encourage and facilitate professional development within the function and shadow selected activities to assess performance towards clients.
- Manage and communicate with all internal and external stakeholders to develop market position. Outwardly, identify and cultivate strategic client relationships to understand needs, develop solutions and ensure high levels of satisfaction and retention. Inwardly, ensure effective communication with marketing, supplier management and finance.
- Participate in commercial decisions, pertinent client or supplier meetings with significant business, financial and/or relationship implications. Make valuable contributions to new business projects and ensure optimisation in areas such as planning accuracy, supplier management and client service levels.
- Financial KPIs (P&L)
- Forecast accuracy
- New business development
- Employee satisfaction
- Supplier satisfaction
- Client satisfaction (NPS)
- Collaboration between functions (marketing, supplier management, finance etc.)
This role will suit someone results-oriented, focused and energised, with well-developed business acumen who enjoys formulating strategies and plans, collaborating and leading teams to deliver ambitious targets.
Due to the nature of the role, travel, flexibility and working additional hours is required needed, especially for client meetings, networking and event attendance. The role is home-based with frequent/daily travel throughout the UK. It is anticipated the role holder will attend the Head Office in Swindon approximately once per week.
- Proven experience in a senior sales role leading and developing a high performing sales team to plan and implement successful business-aligned strategies to achieve and exceed revenue growth targets.
- Sales management including sales planning, forecasting and budgeting and analysing sales data, market trends and client behaviour to inform decision making.
- Ideally relevant industry experience; conveyancing, real estate, property or related industry or the capability to rapidly develop in-depth knowledge of the conveyancing industry, market trends and competition, processes and regulations.
- Proficiency in CRM software and other relevant sales tools to enhance productivity and efficiency.
- A client-centric approach, understanding needs and ensuring satisfaction.
- Ability to collaborate with other departments such as marketing, finance and operations to ensure a cohesive approach.
- Ability to foster a well-developed professional network establish and maintain relationships with key stakeholders.
- Excellent presentation and communication (written and verbal) skills to effectively convey ideas, negotiate and build relationships internally and externally.
- Outstanding negotiation skills to close deals and manage contractual client agreements as well as proficient in creating and managing commercial supplier contracts.
- Well-developed leadership capability, leading and inspiring sales teams, setting goals and provide guidance to support these. Enjoys leading through periods of change and achieving under pressure.
- Conflict resolution; able to handle conflicts in the team or with clients in a constructive manner.
- Problem solving; adapting to changing market conditions, industry trends and internal dynamics and identifying challenges and solutions to overcome sales process obstacles
- Willingness to stay updated on industry trends, sales methodologies and best practices.
- Full valid driving licence
- A related business diploma or degree (BMA or BA), in business management, sales or marketing may be beneficial
Please apply online including all relevant application documents and stating your earliest possible starting date and salary expectation.