AURELIUS successfully closed its second co-investment acquisition SSE Contracting
Munich/London, July 1, 2021 – AURELIUS today announces that it has successfully closed the acquisition of SSE Contracting Limited (“SSEC”) from SSE Plc in a complex carve-out of the multi-disciplinary Mechanical and Electrical (“M&E”) contracting business for an enterprise value of £27.5 million. As a standalone business SSEC is one of the biggest M&E contractors in the UK and Ireland providing mechanical, electrical, rail, street lighting and high voltage engineering services to install and maintain key infrastructure. This is the second acquisition completed by AURELIUS European Opportunities IV, controlling a 70 % stake and its Co-Investor AURELIUS Equity Opportunities SE & Co. KGaA (ISIN: DE000A0JK2A8), controlling the remaining 30 %.
Operating from its nationwide network, SSEC has around 1,900 employees and high voltage (“HV”) engineers that provide essential energy infrastructure for a range of public and private sector clients, including hospitals and schools. It is the largest street light contractor in the UK, and maintains over one million streetlights in the UK and Ireland. SSEC’s Rail division works with vital transport services such as Transport for London and Network Rail to deliver mechanical, electrical and civils activity.