NULL

AURELIUS acquires Ceramic Tile Distributors, a leading supplier of high-quality tiles

18.02.2022

AURELIUS acquires Ceramic Tile Distributors, a leading supplier of high-quality tiles

  • AURELIUS acquires Ceramic Tile Distributors (CTD) from Saint-Gobain
  • CTD generated revenues of approximately EUR 120 million in 2021
  • Strong potential to leverage CTD’s UK market-leading position, whilst targeting both organic growth and add-on acquisitions

Luxembourg/London, February 18, 2022 – AURELIUS is pleased to announce the acquisition of Ceramic Tile Distributors (“CTD”) in a carve-out transaction from parent company, Saint-Gobain (ISIN: FR0000125007). AURELIUS European Opportunities Fund IV will control a 70 % stake and the Co-Investor AURELIUS Equity Opportunities SE & Co. KGaA (ISIN: DE000A0JK2A8) will control the remaining 30 %. The transaction is expected to close during Q1 2022.

CTD is a UK-based specialist supplier of high-quality ceramic tiles operating across 89 branches and 4 trading distribution hubs. The company predominantly sells tiles, tile adhesives, grout as well as associated tools and consumables for the preparation, laying, cutting and drilling of tiles. CTD’s leading B2B market position is supported by strong brand awareness of its Gemini product line and strong trading performance. In 2021, CTD generated revenues of approximately EUR 120 million.

The UK market for tiles and fixing products is estimated to be worth just under EUR 1.2 billion and is expected to grow at a compound annual growth rate of 4% from 2021 to 2024. Primary factors for this growth are driven by home improvements, specifically pertaining to an increasing use of tiles in the home, number of bathrooms per home and growing demand for outdoor tiling.

AURELIUS will proactively work with CTD’s highly experienced management team to leverage its leading B2B market position by expanding its e-commerce offering and to continue the company’s operational development. Additionally, AURELIUS sees opportunities for new trade counter openings and new branch openings in key locations across the UK to further stimulate revenue and profit growth.

AURELIUS Partner, Tristan Nagler, commented:

“We are delighted to have kickstarted 2022 with the substantial acquisition of a leading business for AURELIUS´investment fund AURELIUS European Opportunities IV. Throughout its 54-year existence, CTD has developed become one of the largest suppliers of tiles in the UK with a sizeable share of the domestic market. As CTD embarks on its new journey under AURELIUS ownership, we look forward to working with the existing management team to accelerate its earnings growth, leveraging its strong market position and favourable market opportunities.”

AURELIUS was advised on the transaction by Deloitte (M&A), Eversheds (Legal) and Interpath (Tax).

Legal Information

The information on this website is for informational purposes only. The information on this website is not, and is not intended to be, investment advice nor is it a recommendation to enter into any investment; investors should seek independent investment advice before making any investment decisions. The information on this website does not constitute an offer to buy or sell any investment product or service or to engage in any investment activity, or a solicitation of any investment product or service in any jurisdiction in which Aurelius is not permitted to provide its services or make available any investment product.

Any investment opportunities that Aurelius makes available from time to time will only be available to professional investors and will be subject to separate terms and conditions which will apply. This website and the contents herein are only available to such investors in jurisdictions where Aurelius is permitted to offer its products or services. No other person may rely on the information contained in this website.

For UK recipients

This website has been communicated by Aurelius Investment Advisory Limited (“Aurelius”), an authorised representative for its principal Mirabella Advisers LLP, which is authorized and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority, FCA FRN 606792.

This website is directed at only those entities who are investment professionals with professional experience in matters relating to the contents of this website or other persons who would be classified as professional investors or eligible counterparties pursuant to the rules of the Financial Conduct Authority. In particular, this website is not available to, and may not be relied on by, any person who is a retail investor. If you are in any doubt as to whether you would be deemed to be a retail investor, please seek professional advice and refrain from accessing this website until such advice has been received.