AURELIUS signed the Principles for Responsible Investment (PRI)
The Principles for Responsible Investment (PRI) is a UN financial initiative launched with the aim of fostering sustainable investing. AURELIUS Group has been a member since 2021 and we actively engage in this initiative.
By implementing the PRI, we aim to enhance our sustainable investment approach, promote sustainable business practices and encourage other market participants to do the same actively and transparently.
We aim to help our society and positively contribute to a more sustainable world by supporting our portfolio companies to improve their ESG approach. Therefore, AURELIUS fosters “active ownership” helping our portfolio companies to implement and monitor an improved ESG setup.
AURELIUS agrees that long-term value creation is only possible in an economically efficient, sustainably designed global financial system. Such a system will reward long-term, responsible investment and benefit both the environment and society as a whole.
Together with its international network of signatories, the PRI Initiative is dedicated to the practical implementation of the six principles for responsible investment. The aim is to better understand the impact of investment activities on environmental, social and governance issues and to support signatories in integrating these issues into their investment decisions.
The six principles were developed by investors and are promoted by the UN. In addition to the AURELIUS Group in 2021, the initiative now has more than 4.000 members from 60 countries with a combined investment capital of more than USD 120 trillion.
By supporting the introduction and implementation of these principles, the PRI Initiative works to achieve such a sustainable international financial system. Good governance, integrity and accountability are to be promoted and obstacles caused by the prevailing methods, structures and regulations in the market that stand in the way of the development of a sustainable financial sector are to be removed.
The PRI comprise a total of six principles:
- Principle: We will incorporate ESG issues into investment analysis and decision-making processes.
- Principle: We will be active owners and incorporate ESG issues into our ownership policies and practices.
- Principle: We will seek appropriate disclosure on ESG issues by the entities in which we invest.
- Principle: We will promote acceptance and implementation of the Principles within the investment industry.
- Principle: We will work together to enhance our effectiveness in implementing the principles.
- Principle: We will each report on our activities and progress towards implementing the principles.
Information and background on the PRI, link to the current AURELIUS Group PRI Signatory.