AURELIUS successfully closed the acquisitions of dental bauer and significant parts of Pluradent

12.07.2022

AURELIUS successfully closed the acquisitions of dental bauer and significant parts of Pluradent

Luxembourg/Munich, July 12, 2022 – AURELIUS announces the successfully closed acquisitions of dental bauer and significant parts of Pluradent, two German dental distribution companies. Going forward, AURELIUS strives to develop the integrated companies into a leading European dental distribution platform by providing deep operational expertise.

The deals will be completed by AURELIUS European Opportunities IV, controlling a 70 % stake and its Co-Investor AURELIUS Equity Opportunities SE & Co. KGaA (ISIN: DE000A0JK2A8), controlling the remaining 30 %, marking the already 6th transaction. The Linneweh family, close partner of the deal, will stay on board as management team and further reinvest into the new market player.

The newly combined business will generate more than EUR 300m in revenues within the DACH-region and adjacent markets. The existing business model of both companies as a dental distributor, with a full range of products and all associated service parameters, will be continued.

dental bauer is one of the leading dental depots in the DACH region and the Netherlands. Founded in 1947, the family-run business offers consumable materials, capital equipment and devices, and technical and consulting services to dental practices and laboratories. The Linneweh family built up dental bauer successfully over the last decades. A lean and flexible organisation, the establishment of new branches and locations, and smaller as well as larger acquisitions within the industry contributed to the success.

Pluradent, headquartered in Offenbach am Main, is a well-known German dental distributor, supplying dental facilities with consumable materials, equipment and devices, and technical services. The group also operates subsidiaries in Austria and Poland and an own distribution center in Kassel, Germany. After the company had been facing financial distress during the COVID pandemic, insolvency proceedings were opened recently.

AURELIUS was advised on the transactions by LBBW (M&A), Noerr (Legal), Haver&Mailänder (Legal) Roland Berger (Commercial), OMMAX (Digital), Accuracy (Financial), Oppenhoff (Tax), Intargia (IT), EURO Transaction Solutions (Insurance).

Legal Information

The information on this website is for informational purposes only. The information on this website is not, and is not intended to be, investment advice nor is it a recommendation to enter into any investment; investors should seek independent investment advice before making any investment decisions. The information on this website does not constitute an offer to buy or sell any investment product or service or to engage in any investment activity, or a solicitation of any investment product or service in any jurisdiction in which Aurelius is not permitted to provide its services or make available any investment product.

Any investment opportunities that Aurelius makes available from time to time will only be available to professional investors and will be subject to separate terms and conditions which will apply. This website and the contents herein are only available to such investors in jurisdictions where Aurelius is permitted to offer its products or services. No other person may rely on the information contained in this website.

For UK recipients

This website has been communicated by Aurelius Investment Advisory Limited (“Aurelius”), an authorised representative for its principal Mirabella Advisers LLP, which is authorized and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority, FCA FRN 606792.

This website is directed at only those entities who are investment professionals with professional experience in matters relating to the contents of this website or other persons who would be classified as professional investors or eligible counterparties pursuant to the rules of the Financial Conduct Authority. In particular, this website is not available to, and may not be relied on by, any person who is a retail investor. If you are in any doubt as to whether you would be deemed to be a retail investor, please seek professional advice and refrain from accessing this website until such advice has been received.