AURELIUS Finance Company (“AFC”) is an alternative direct lender, focused on providing financial solutions to small and mid-market firms across UK and Europe. AFC’s approach and lending strategy, means they are able to provide supportive and flexible capital across the whole capital structure. Founded in 2017 and headquartered in London, the experienced team of specialists at AFC has deployed over £120million of capital to over 20 clients, across a broad range of sectors and industries. AURELIUS Finance Company is member of the AURELIUS Group, which is a pan-European asset management group with offices in Munich, London, Stockholm, Madrid, Amsterdam, Milan and Luxembourg. AURELIUS Finance Company is a direct subsidiary of AURELIUS Equity Opportunities SE & Co. KGaA , which is listed on the German stock exchange.
For our London office we are looking for a
for a period of up to 3 months.
As a member of the AURELIUS’ Finance Company team you will assist your colleagues and actively engage in all stages of the financing process, working independently as well as showing strong collaboration skills with your co-workers and external professionals.
- Deal review and structuring
- Initial assessment of opportunities and support in the structuring of transactions
- Prepare indicative proposals, term sheets and offer letters
- Due diligence, credit analysis and underwriting
- Review and evaluate all aspects of due diligence – challenge assumptions
- Collateral due diligence – review and assess asset performance and valuations
- Financial due diligence and analysis
- Support the deal team with documentation and negotiations
- Work closely with internal and external advisors
- Portfolio management
- Monitor the performance of investments, identify and clearly communicate any actions to consider
- Support on-going portfolio management over the lifecycle
- Prepare portfolio update reports for presentation to senior management
Qualifications & Experience required
- Completed relevant university degree or completing post graduate studies
- Genuine interest in different financial deal structures
- Prior work experience placements (or relevant internships) in the fields of accounting, banking, Private Equity or consulting
- Relevant experience in the UK mid-market
- Analytical thinking, result-oriented personality, well developed sense of responsibility and strong teamwork ethic
- Communicative and entrepreneurial personality
- Fluent in English, further language skills welcome
- Excellent computer skills (esp. Excel)
Please apply online including all relevant application documents.
Available internship time period: immediate start for an initial 3-month placement.
We will endeavor to respond to all applicants in due course.