AURELIUS is a pan-European alternative investment firm. Deep operational expertise and experience enable AURELIUS to accelerate value creation within its portfolio companies. The Group has offices in London, Luxembourg, Munich, Amsterdam, Stockholm, Madrid, Milan and Dusseldorf. Our key investment platforms are AURELIUS European Opportunities IV fund and the listed AURELIUS Equity Opportunities SE & Co. KGaA, which specialise in corporate carve-out transactions and acquiring companies with development potential in the mid-market. The investment strategy’s core element is growth of its portfolio companies, supported by a team of almost 100 operating taskforce experts.
Due to the growth in our portfolio, we are strengthening our Tax Team in Europe and are therefore looking for a
Senior Manager (operational) Tax (m/f/d)
The role of the Senior Manager (operational) Tax is to support and advise our Portfolio Companies on their taxes and to guide them how to ensure efficient and compliant tax outcomes during the whole lifetime of the investment.
This role involves frequent interaction with the Management and the Tax/Finance teams of the Portfolio companies as well as with the Aurelius Task Force and the Aurelius Tax Team, with regular travel required.
The vast majority of the Portfolio companies are located in Europe, whereas a few investments also have operations in North/South America and Asia. You will be working with Investments in various sectors as Aurelius invests in opportunities, rather than in specific sectors. However, key sectors are IT and Business Services, Industrials & Chemicals, Lifestyle & Consumer Goods.
Due to the rapid growth of the Portfolio, the tasks and duties of this role may also evolve over time. You will be keen to develop and grow within the role and to take on additional challenges and responsibilities as they occur.
The role gives you responsibilities during the whole lifetime of the investment. It starts with the acquisition and ends with the exit readiness of the investment. Thus, you can especially
- help to set up the tax function of new investments or improve the tax function of existing investments;
- implement your ideas to improve compliance or tax efficiency during the entire holding period;
- prepare the exit from a tax perspective.
The overall responsibility for taxes of each individual investment generally stays with the Management and its local tax advisors. Thus, you will act as an in-house advisor helping the various investment to manage their tax affairs. In the beginning you can focus on a few major investments and develop and extend the scope over time.
Specific tasks will include:
- Engage with the Aurelius Deal Tax Team during the acquisition process to align on deal structure, tax risks, SPA, and other pre-closing topics
- Support the Portfolio Company management team on engaging a local tax advisor or onboard an own tax function if necessary
- Guide the Portfolio Companies on how to ensure compliance with tax obligations (Tax returns and filings, transfer pricing, VAT, WHT exemption certificates, CbC reporting) and address any non-compliance issues and advise portfolio management accordingly on remediation measures
- Help on the optimisation of Portfolio Company tax processes and procedures
- Evaluate the current Portfolio Company tax structure and recommend any changes or planning ideas that will optimize the structure
- Ensure that Portfolio Company has a comprehensive filing system for tax documents
- Perform tax-risk assessment 12-months prior to anticipated exit
- University degree in economics, accounting, or law
- Relevant tax exams/qualifications
- At least 7-8 years relevant tax experience; ideally within the tax department of an international enterprise or in a Tax Consulting firm
- You have in-depth knowledge of international corporate tax law and ideally also knowledge in other tax areas (transfer pricing, VAT, wage tax,….)
- Analytical / strategical thinking, result-oriented personality, highly developed sense of responsibility and strong teamwork
- Practical, hands-on mentality
- Fluent in English, further language skills welcome
Please apply online ncluding all relevant application documents and stating your earliest possible starting date and salary expectation.