AURELIUS Group is a pan-European asset management group with offices in Munich, London, Stockholm, Madrid, Amsterdam, Dusseldorf, Milan and Luxembourg. Key investment platforms are its AURELIUS European Opportunities IV fund as well as listed AURELIUS Equity Opportunities SE & Co. KGaA (“AEO”), which acquire corporate carve-outs and companies with development potential in the mid-market (fund) and lower mid-market sector (AEO). The investment strategy’s core element is operational support of its portfolio companies with a team of almost 100 in-house operating taskforce experts.
Due to the growth in our portfolio we are strengthening our Finance Practice Task Force in the UK/Germany/Netherlands and are therefore looking for a
Senior Data Scientist Finance Practice (m/f/d)
AURELIUS’ Task Force is a close-knit team of advisors with deep functional expertise and long-standing management experience. They support value generation in portfolio companies through effective and hands-on project and change management in the areas of Procurement, Operations, Sales/Marketing, IT and Finance.
In this role, you will play a key part in the digitization of our portfolio companies following an acquisition by AURELIUS. Collaborating closely with the existing management team, your primary focus will be to develop and execute comprehensive digital transformation plans that maximize the long-term value of each firm. This position offers a unique blend of strategic and hands-on responsibilities, allowing you to lead and contribute to a range of captivating projects from inception to successful implementation.
- Identifying and developing AI and data science projects for AURELIUS’ portfolio companies, aligning them with business goals and objectives
- Collaborating closely with both internal and external stakeholders to facilitate the development of advanced analytics across multiple data sources and manage projects
- Implement data cleanup, normalization, and data transformation processes to ensure quality and consistency
- Design and implement machine learning models to address business challenges and drive data-driven decision-making
- Leveraging data modeling (statistical analysis and predictive modelling etc.) and calculations to create insightful visualizations using tools like Power BI, Tableau, and others
- Developing and designing project cases in the area of AI and Data Science that drive data-driven insights for both AURELIUS’ central operations and AURELIUS’ portfolio companies
- University degree in (business) mathematics, statistics, machine learning, data science, physics, operations research, computer science or a related field
- At least five years of relevant experience (preferably from a top management consulting firm) with significant experience applying advanced analytics to a variety of business situations
- Proficiency in multiple programming and querying languages, including Python and SQL and some data science packages such as Pandas, NumPy, and Scikit-Learn etc.
- Strong project management expertise and ability to communicate on senior management level
- Analytical/strategic thinking, result-oriented personality, highly developed sense of responsibility, and strong teamwork
- Extensive travel required
- Fluent in English, further language skills welcome (German is helpful but not required)
- Experience with BI tools such as Power BI, Tableau, Qlik etc. (helpful, but not required)
Please apply online including all relevant application documents and stating your earliest possible starting date and salary expectation.