AURELIUS Group is a pan-European asset management group with offices in Munich, London, Stockholm, Madrid, Amsterdam, Dusseldorf, Milan and Luxembourg. Key investment platforms are its AURELIUS European Opportunities IV fund as well as listed AURELIUS Equity Opportunities SE & Co. KGaA (“AEO”), which acquire corporate carve-outs and companies with development potential in the mid-market (fund) and lower mid-market sector (AEO). The investment strategy’s core element is operational support of its portfolio companies with a team of almost 100 in-house operating taskforce experts.
Due to the growth in our portfolio we are strengthening our Finance Practice Task Force in the UK/Germany/Netherlands and are therefore looking for a
Senior Data Engineer Finance Practice (m/f/d)
AURELIUS’ Task Force is a close-knit team of advisors with deep functional expertise and long-standing management experience. They support value generation in portfolio companies through effective and hands-on project and change management in the areas of Procurement, Operations, Sales/Marketing, IT and Finance.
In this role, you will play a key part in the digitization of our portfolio companies following an acquisition by AURELIUS. Collaborating closely with the existing management team, your primary focus will be to develop and execute comprehensive digital transformation plans that maximize the long-term value of each firm. This position offers a unique blend of strategic and hands-on responsibilities, allowing you to lead and contribute to a range of captivating projects from inception to successful implementation.
- Optimising data infrastructure and architecture to enhance efficiency and scalability
- Development and refinement of the data strategy for AURELIUS’ portfolio companies, aligning it with business goals and objectives
- Develop robust data models that support advanced analytics and reporting. Ensure data models are agile and adaptable to changing business requirement
- Implement data storages, ETL transformations, data modelling and integrations in the operational processes of the AURELIUS’ portfolio companies
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams and challenge current data processes
- Implement documentation of data models, integration processes, and data governance procedures to ensure transparency and knowledge sharing
- Develop internal guidelines and best practices for data integration technologies
- University degree in Computer Science/ Data Engineering/Data Science
- At least four years relevant experience (preferably from a top management consulting firm)
- Proficiency in Python, SQL
- Experience with cloud solutions (such as Azure / AWS)
- Analytical / strategical thinking, result-oriented personality, highly developed sense of responsibility and strong teamwork
- Capability to lead projects through critical transformations with the required sensitiveness and speed
- Extensive travel required
- Fluent in English, further language skills welcome (German is helpful, but not required)
- Experience with BI tools such as Power BI, Tableau, Qlik etc. (helpful, but not required)
Please apply online including all relevant application documents and stating your earliest possible starting date and salary expectation.